- Telamor and more and more and more.
- Wilson edited the master.
- John Jerome is about to bring it home.
- Electric Factory X MCXIIML.
- Butcher cut lines.
- 61 Ghosts ghosted some tracks.
- Satch Kerans conjured ghosts from sessions past.
- Rawso was awesome.
- Instigators started an album.
- Simon Ritt conjured ghosts from his Johnny Thunders/Daughters cassette collection.
- Willie Alexander cut tracks. His JC120 now lives at Bang-A-Song. His roadcase now lives around Tony’s JC120 in the back of the car.
- Will Vincent studied with the studio greats.
- Sean Doane beefed some beats.
- The Achers melted out hearts.
- Grimaldi was Proving Ground.
- Mike Francis and Wren cut dub.
- Quentin Callewaert gave us faith.
- Cables and Lines kicked the rims.
- Bob Pate paid attention.
- Peter Koeplin cut drums for Sten like he always does.
- Rick Gadbois had some time.
- The Kenny Chambers 4 mixed more.
- Matt Rhodes began to take off.
Jon Butcher jammed. Lisa Manning performed poetry. Telamor channeled Kanye. The Instinct mixed it up. Mike Francis and Wren Sound created songs from thin air. Hot Lemon squeezed out a mix. Pulp Free OJ squeezed out a senior project. Don(na) Freylue started a track on acoustic. Sonic Euphoria cut another collection.
Tony taught a Music Production and Engineering class through the excellent auspices of Sound Harbor. Thanks to everyone who attended! Look out for more classes in June.
Also coming up in June:
Here’s what went down at Bang-A-Song in April: The Heavy Denims rocked their roll. Telamor recorded more. Don(na) Freyleue mixed the hits. Satch Kerans mixed one of his.
Colin Rosso gave himself a beat and broke it down on the mic. The Instinct took LP 2 to the next level. Geoff Small channeled Chris Bell (yes!). Matt and the Lower Standards cut two soon-to-be standards. Lisa Manning cut 17 tracks for her fourth LP. Soul Rebel Mike Francis and Wren Sound wrote some top lines. Jon Butcher showed us how it’s done.
Monday, May 18th – The Goddesses help host Monday Night Open Jam at the Rhumb Line with an opening set at 9:30 and a closing set at midnight. It’ll shake, it’ll rattle, it will likely roll.
Saturday, May 30th – Tony will be hosting one of Sound Harbor‘s Spring Workshops at Bang A Song Studios. “In-Studio Production and Recording” will be a three hour workshop (1pm-4pm) for anyone who ever wanted a chance to learn record production by doing it: using microphones, mixing boards, effects and computer based digital audio workstations to make a recording. Reservations are $30, and you can sign up at soundharbor.org.
The Instinct trusted theirs and ours on the way to their 2nd Bang-A-Song recorded LP. Donald Freyleue finished up a long awaited 2-song single. Jon Butcher continued to drive his 2 Roads East. Nate Weaver and Brittany Betts got their Bang-A-Saturday session in. Telamor recorded some more. Heavy Denims laid down the glam. Lisa Manning committed more musical poetry to tape. PRAY for MOJO had their prayers answered. Daniel Dye left the Miller Road Band back home in Ohio to record some solo songs. Geoff Small made music for his Electric Ears. The A Train Orchestra swung back in. The Absolute Gentleman mixed an absolute smash. Willie Loco Alexander sequenced his big 10″. Hot Lemon squeezed out all the juice from a long weekend session. Chelsea Berry cut one and done in a fortnight. The Rockport Middle School Chamber Music ensembles brought the clarinets and cellos to record their original songs.