- Telamor and more and more and more.
- Wilson edited the master.
- John Jerome is about to bring it home.
- Electric Factory X MCXIIML.
- Butcher cut lines.
- 61 Ghosts ghosted some tracks.
- Satch Kerans conjured ghosts from sessions past.
- Rawso was awesome.
- Instigators started an album.
- Simon Ritt conjured ghosts from his Johnny Thunders/Daughters cassette collection.
- Willie Alexander cut tracks. His JC120 now lives at Bang-A-Song. His roadcase now lives around Tony’s JC120 in the back of the car.
- Will Vincent studied with the studio greats.
- Sean Doane beefed some beats.
- The Achers melted out hearts.
- Grimaldi was Proving Ground.
- Mike Francis and Wren cut dub.
- Quentin Callewaert gave us faith.
- Cables and Lines kicked the rims.
- Bob Pate paid attention.
- Peter Koeplin cut drums for Sten like he always does.
- Rick Gadbois had some time.
- The Kenny Chambers 4 mixed more.
- Matt Rhodes began to take off.
Hot Fun In The Summertime at Bang-A-Song:
In The Studio:
- Telamor spread musical amor.
- The Night Trippers recorded well into tomorrow morning.
- Renee and Joe mixed their record which should be available on vinyl in a matter of moments.
- Willie Alexander continued the collage.
- The Marconis transmitted rock.
- Ally Doody doodled.
- John Jerome let it be known.
- Lisa Manning waxed some stanzas.
- The Only Things cut their next LP.
- Bliss brought the bliss.
- Mark Pelosi checked his grooves.
- Morgan Minsk was mixed.
- Simon Ritt demoed his demos.
- Wilson willed his songs to tape.
- Mike Francis rocked the mic.
- Concrete Constellations shot for the stars.
- Izzy Hall wailed on sax.
- Paul Jensen transferred reels.
- Sofia Gadbois recorded her next set of originals.
- Chelsea Berry cut the final overdubs for her new record “Wanderbird” (MyBigCommerce)
- Megan Wolf prepped for the release of her new album “That Girl” (Listen)
- The Poor Sports released a new EP in June “Nobody Cares” (BandCamp)
- Josh Richard on Facebook tracked and mixed his new just-released LP “Cities and States” (SoundCloud)
It was a fertile spring at Bang-A-Song:
- Jon Butcher worked at the Electric Factory.
- Telamor made their greatest hits hit harder.
- Poor Sports mixed their rich music.
- Toby Mountain had a mix before he mastered.
- John Jerome kept it local.
- Lisa Manning waxed poetic.
- The Instinct improvised.
- Sean Doane learned as he went.
- Crystal transferred.
- Meg Griffin and the Heavy Metal Horns cut an episode for Sirius/XM.
- Chelsea Berry taped a video.
- Gabe Rossi mixed Pete Stone.
- Nathan Cohen and the Rockport Chamber ensembles nailed it.
- Willie Alexander is God.
- Renee and Joe mixed it up.
- Mike O’Connell dropped on in.
And let’s not forget to congratulate the artists who had new releases the past couple months:
In The Studio: April / May 2016
Jon Butcher remixed. The Great Madness got on the radio. Geoff Small inflated his airbag. Telamor tracked and shot. Soul Rebel Project cut guitars. Will Vincent played all the instruments. Megan McKenzie souled the soul. Ally Doody sang the hits. Chelsea Berry worked up new tunes. Pete Minigell picked up where his brother left off.
Lastly, the Full Length, Red Bird, Dynamic Duo, CroonSome TwoSome release from Renee and Joe has hit the streets. The album is entitled “Red Bird” You can buy it, gift it, stream it, and even acquire it on CD. You will be gratified.
The Instinct trusted theirs and ours on the way to their 2nd Bang-A-Song recorded LP. Donald Freyleue finished up a long awaited 2-song single. Jon Butcher continued to drive his 2 Roads East. Nate Weaver and Brittany Betts got their Bang-A-Saturday session in. Telamor recorded some more. Heavy Denims laid down the glam. Lisa Manning committed more musical poetry to tape. PRAY for MOJO had their prayers answered. Daniel Dye left the Miller Road Band back home in Ohio to record some solo songs. Geoff Small made music for his Electric Ears. The A Train Orchestra swung back in. The Absolute Gentleman mixed an absolute smash. Willie Loco Alexander sequenced his big 10″. Hot Lemon squeezed out all the juice from a long weekend session. Chelsea Berry cut one and done in a fortnight. The Rockport Middle School Chamber Music ensembles brought the clarinets and cellos to record their original songs.
With all the snowfall I didn’t even realize I hadn’t let you know what’s been going on at Bang-A-Song the past few months so here goes:
Willie “Loco” Alexander and the Raztones have finished tracking and begin mixing their new record this Friday! Renee & Joe mixed another great song “Steal You Flowers” which was made available for Valentine’s Day. Mike Francis from Soul Rebel Project and Mile 21 laid down vocals and guitars for many upcoming projects. The Instinct laid down enough tracks to start their first full length. Jon Butcher is cutting tracks for his latest (first?) theater production. Daniel Dye and the Miller Road Band came in again from Ohio to start their next LP at Bang-A-Song. Anna Rae used Bang-A-Song to film a Q&A with the engineers/mixers involved with her upcoming release. Tom Hauck finished his new album “Valentine to the Future”, released it under the new band name TELAMOR and is now reworking his previous solo tracks with his new group. Satch Kerans had a great session with Timo Shanko on bass and Leo Ciaramitaro on drums. Pocket Tanya is this close to finishing the new EP. Lisa Manning sequenced and mastered her new LP. Tony and Warren cut tracks on spec for future use in Polish laundry detergent ads. Mara Bettencourt finished mastering and released her new album “Eclectic Soul”. Alien Psychology achieved the rare feat of shredding their vocal chords with melody for their latest two tracks. Sonic Euphoria came in from the cold after a many month lay off. Watts held court at Bang-A-Song for the David Robinson 65th birthday surprise party afterparty.
In The Studio:
Lisa Manning continues to sing her poems to tape. Tom Hauck‘s record #3 is sounding more like record #1. Morgan Jackson is recording his French Horn audition for a plethora of university admission applications. Litehouse are polishing of three more sound captures. Rob Garfield is layering his latest. The Instinct are coming in for a one and done session. Clock Strikes 10 are running the sets in Studio B. BAS is going remote to record a Meg Griffin interview with Bonnie Raitt for SiriusXM. Willie Loco Alexander is going to cut live with the A Train Orchestra.
Brad Byrd is coming in to produce the Rick Williams rock. Willie Alexander is identifying some radio stations. Tom Hauck is putting the finishing touches on his second Bang-A-Song recorded LP. Renee and Joe‘s album is being uploaded for mastering as we type. The Instinct are melting the walls between their rehearsal and our recording studio. Jon Hardy continues to give voice to the Mexican Ape Lord. The Boyfriends are laying down two tunes for a five minute cassette to be released in the near future.
From 6pm-9pm on Friday night, January 25th, the Cape Ann Museum will be hosting a “CAMafterhours Winter Gathering” featuring the Art of Ralph Colburn and sound installations from Willie Alexander and me, Nathan Cohen and Robert Bradshaw. Tapas and sangria and scavenger hunts and art and music. What more could you ask for on a Friday night?