- Telamor and more and more and more.
- Wilson edited the master.
- John Jerome is about to bring it home.
- Electric Factory X MCXIIML.
- Butcher cut lines.
- 61 Ghosts ghosted some tracks.
- Satch Kerans conjured ghosts from sessions past.
- Rawso was awesome.
- Instigators started an album.
- Simon Ritt conjured ghosts from his Johnny Thunders/Daughters cassette collection.
- Willie Alexander cut tracks. His JC120 now lives at Bang-A-Song. His roadcase now lives around Tony’s JC120 in the back of the car.
- Will Vincent studied with the studio greats.
- Sean Doane beefed some beats.
- The Achers melted out hearts.
- Grimaldi was Proving Ground.
- Mike Francis and Wren cut dub.
- Quentin Callewaert gave us faith.
- Cables and Lines kicked the rims.
- Bob Pate paid attention.
- Peter Koeplin cut drums for Sten like he always does.
- Rick Gadbois had some time.
- The Kenny Chambers 4 mixed more.
- Matt Rhodes began to take off.
Hot Fun In The Summertime at Bang-A-Song:
In The Studio:
- Telamor spread musical amor.
- The Night Trippers recorded well into tomorrow morning.
- Renee and Joe mixed their record which should be available on vinyl in a matter of moments.
- Willie Alexander continued the collage.
- The Marconis transmitted rock.
- Ally Doody doodled.
- John Jerome let it be known.
- Lisa Manning waxed some stanzas.
- The Only Things cut their next LP.
- Bliss brought the bliss.
- Mark Pelosi checked his grooves.
- Morgan Minsk was mixed.
- Simon Ritt demoed his demos.
- Wilson willed his songs to tape.
- Mike Francis rocked the mic.
- Concrete Constellations shot for the stars.
- Izzy Hall wailed on sax.
- Paul Jensen transferred reels.
- Sofia Gadbois recorded her next set of originals.
- Chelsea Berry cut the final overdubs for her new record “Wanderbird” (MyBigCommerce)
- Megan Wolf prepped for the release of her new album “That Girl” (Listen)
- The Poor Sports released a new EP in June “Nobody Cares” (BandCamp)
- Josh Richard on Facebook tracked and mixed his new just-released LP “Cities and States” (SoundCloud)
Jon Butcher produced. Josh Richard mapped cities and states. Megan Wolf mastered. Telamor stormed the barricades. Ally Doody started writing. Tae Kwon Flo chopped some lines. Mike Francis rebelled. Kinetik Dialekt dialed it in. Renee and Joe started LP3. The Marconis transmitted electricity. St0ker stoked it. Lisa Manning tracked some stanzas.
New gear alert!!! Bang-A-Song is proud to announce the arrival of their new 130 year old 1886 Steinway A1 grand piano! It’s got 85 keys and plays better than a piano 1/10th is age! The bass is deep and tight and the highs have it all. Feel free to come check it out!
Jon Butcher jammed. Lisa Manning performed poetry. Telamor channeled Kanye. The Instinct mixed it up. Mike Francis and Wren Sound created songs from thin air. Hot Lemon squeezed out a mix. Pulp Free OJ squeezed out a senior project. Don(na) Freylue started a track on acoustic. Sonic Euphoria cut another collection.
Tony taught a Music Production and Engineering class through the excellent auspices of Sound Harbor. Thanks to everyone who attended! Look out for more classes in June.
Also coming up in June:
Satch Kerans is mixing another great collection of songs. Telamor is already at work on LP3. Mary Lou Lord is this close to finishing her next record. Kenny Chambers and the Electric Ears have finished their debut LP and sent it out for mastering. Pocket Tanya is keeping it unreal. Renee and Joe are warming our hearts out. The A-Train Orchestra are getting there fast. Susan Waller transferred tapes taped at the legendary Cameron’s. Pray for Mojo had their prayers answered. Mike Francis of Soul Rebel Project did some extracurricular overdubs for Mr. Babson. Scout did tracks on his own. Alien Psychology featuring Scout are working on tracks together. Jason Carpenter worked on his mixing skills. Chelsea Berry is recording her “living room” record. Megan McKenzie is making SAFETY happen. Jon Butcher is teaching us a thing or two about tone!
With all the snowfall I didn’t even realize I hadn’t let you know what’s been going on at Bang-A-Song the past few months so here goes:
Willie “Loco” Alexander and the Raztones have finished tracking and begin mixing their new record this Friday! Renee & Joe mixed another great song “Steal You Flowers” which was made available for Valentine’s Day. Mike Francis from Soul Rebel Project and Mile 21 laid down vocals and guitars for many upcoming projects. The Instinct laid down enough tracks to start their first full length. Jon Butcher is cutting tracks for his latest (first?) theater production. Daniel Dye and the Miller Road Band came in again from Ohio to start their next LP at Bang-A-Song. Anna Rae used Bang-A-Song to film a Q&A with the engineers/mixers involved with her upcoming release. Tom Hauck finished his new album “Valentine to the Future”, released it under the new band name TELAMOR and is now reworking his previous solo tracks with his new group. Satch Kerans had a great session with Timo Shanko on bass and Leo Ciaramitaro on drums. Pocket Tanya is this close to finishing the new EP. Lisa Manning sequenced and mastered her new LP. Tony and Warren cut tracks on spec for future use in Polish laundry detergent ads. Mara Bettencourt finished mastering and released her new album “Eclectic Soul”. Alien Psychology achieved the rare feat of shredding their vocal chords with melody for their latest two tracks. Sonic Euphoria came in from the cold after a many month lay off. Watts held court at Bang-A-Song for the David Robinson 65th birthday surprise party afterparty.