- Telamor and more and more and more.
- Wilson edited the master.
- John Jerome is about to bring it home.
- Electric Factory X MCXIIML.
- Butcher cut lines.
- 61 Ghosts ghosted some tracks.
- Satch Kerans conjured ghosts from sessions past.
- Rawso was awesome.
- Instigators started an album.
- Simon Ritt conjured ghosts from his Johnny Thunders/Daughters cassette collection.
- Willie Alexander cut tracks. His JC120 now lives at Bang-A-Song. His roadcase now lives around Tony’s JC120 in the back of the car.
- Will Vincent studied with the studio greats.
- Sean Doane beefed some beats.
- The Achers melted out hearts.
- Grimaldi was Proving Ground.
- Mike Francis and Wren cut dub.
- Quentin Callewaert gave us faith.
- Cables and Lines kicked the rims.
- Bob Pate paid attention.
- Peter Koeplin cut drums for Sten like he always does.
- Rick Gadbois had some time.
- The Kenny Chambers 4 mixed more.
- Matt Rhodes began to take off.
Well, it’s been awhile but that’s summer in Gloucester….if we’re not in the studio cutting tracks were on the water kicking back….no extra computer time allowed! Still feels like summah here today but enough time has passed I think I ought to update….
- Meg Griffin hosted Henley Douglas for a taping of her SiriusXM show The Loft
- Sister Kathy recorded the Lord’s work
- Jon Butcher finished Two Roads East
- Nathan Cohen and the Rockport middle school recorded their songs and others
- Telamor cut album #5
- Ally Doody covered the hits
- Lisa Manning slammed more poetry to tape
- Band of Wolves were tracked
- Matt Wolz worked the plate
- Geoff Small made a big sound
- Sasquatch smoked some of his new songs
- Megan Wolf howled into the mic
- Stevie Wah wailed
- Henry Ferrini hired BAS mobile for the Charles Olsen anniversary event at Gloucester Writer’s Center
- Kenny Chambers fired 13 shots towards a new album
- Sandra Lee added Dave Brown to her mix
- Eric Cline and The Only Things made the studio so much sweeter!
- Wizard Cult transferred reels
- Jeff Keithline, Sal Baglio and Dave Mattacks channeled Bonham and the boys
Not surprisingly, there are some great albums that have had their toes in the Bang-A-Song pool for even just a little bit. (And even if their toes weren’t here recently, we’re still happy to push these great recordings. Here are some of the latest:
- Annabelle Lord-Patey crowdfunded and released her first full length album entitled “Polaris”. (“Polaris” on iTunes)
- Her pal and occasional partner in crime, Matt Minigell, released “Destructive Testing”. (“Destructive Testing” on Bandcamp)
- The Heavy Denims were working without a net. (“Without Annette” on YouTube)
- The Great Madness released their debut LP “Never Again”. (“Never Again” on Soundcloud)
Mosse mixed. Jon Butcher continued to travel Two Roads. Telamor recorded more. Kenny Chambers consulted. Harbor Walk updated their app. The Modern Kitchen swung. Sandra Lee developed her originals. Matt Bowie recorded with his Brothers (Instinct). Renee and Joe recorded moe. Satch Kerans finished his latest record. The Instinct massaged their mixes. Dan King and Russ Lawton grooved. Alexandra Grace and Josh Cominelli cut acoustic demos.
Here’s a list of recent albums that we’ve had the pleasure of working on at Bang-A-Song. Click the name of the artist to read more about the artist, or click the name of the album to download or purchase the album.
Telamor: Valentine to the Future and Straight Shots
Willie Loco Alexander and the Raztones: Raztonia Volume 1
Mara Bettencourt: Eclectic Soul
Jon Butcher Axis: Experienced
The Instinct: Fake It
Anna Rae: High Stakes
Alien Psychology: Alien Psychology on Sound Cloud
Renee and Joe: Steal You Flowers
Kenny Chambers and Electric Ears: Someday You’ll Be King
And although it wasn’t recorded at Bang-A-Song, it was recorded *impeccably* by Ed Valauskas at Q Division, and Sam and Tony are sprinkled throughout, so…a big shoutout for “Electric Candyland” from Jenny Dee and the Deelinquents. The album smokes, the bonus tracks that accompany it will rock your socks off (and be familiar to anyone who’s seen the Dees live), and there are even some glam new tees at Dee Store.
Satch Kerans is mixing another great collection of songs. Telamor is already at work on LP3. Mary Lou Lord is this close to finishing her next record. Kenny Chambers and the Electric Ears have finished their debut LP and sent it out for mastering. Pocket Tanya is keeping it unreal. Renee and Joe are warming our hearts out. The A-Train Orchestra are getting there fast. Susan Waller transferred tapes taped at the legendary Cameron’s. Pray for Mojo had their prayers answered. Mike Francis of Soul Rebel Project did some extracurricular overdubs for Mr. Babson. Scout did tracks on his own. Alien Psychology featuring Scout are working on tracks together. Jason Carpenter worked on his mixing skills. Chelsea Berry is recording her “living room” record. Megan McKenzie is making SAFETY happen. Jon Butcher is teaching us a thing or two about tone!
Tom Hauck and Telamor are wrapping up LP 2. Jon Butcher is overdubbing on masters and demos. Mary Lou Lord is kicking her Kickstarter album. Kenny Chambers and the Electric Ears are rocking and popping throughout their first record together. Ken Steiner is recording upright for Robert Allen down in FLA. Renee & Joe are growing another album. Satch Kerans is wrapping up another batch of hits.