Jon Butcher is overdubbing on tracks he cut with our friends at Q Division. Tom Hauck is rounding the corner on his third solo record. Pocket Tanya is keeping it kray. Willie Loco and the Razdans cut/are dubbing an 11 hour session of upright, sax and traps. Brian King is demoing “Spy”. Transona 5 transferred DAT’s. Satch Kerans is mixing. The Electric Ears are capturing lightning in a vaporizer. Lisa Manning is wrapping her third Bang-A-Song record. Mara Bettencourt is mastering.
We’re inaugurating a new tradition at Bang-A-Song: a party. A holiday party. It’s tonight, Monday, December 16th from 6pm-9pm. If you’ve never been inside a recording studio, or if you’re more than familiar with the nooks and crannies of the live room, come celebrate the season with us. [Facebook Event]
Tom Hauck is continuing to evolve into a one man band. Litehouse are finishing their three latest audio transmissions. Safety are breaking in a new member in Studio B. Bang-A-Song is hosting a holiday soiree. Rob Garfield is wrapping up his next A/B side. Anna Rae’s 5 next song ep will be completed.
In The Studio:
Lisa Manning continues to sing her poems to tape. Tom Hauck‘s record #3 is sounding more like record #1. Morgan Jackson is recording his French Horn audition for a plethora of university admission applications. Litehouse are polishing of three more sound captures. Rob Garfield is layering his latest. The Instinct are coming in for a one and done session. Clock Strikes 10 are running the sets in Studio B. BAS is going remote to record a Meg Griffin interview with Bonnie Raitt for SiriusXM. Willie Loco Alexander is going to cut live with the A Train Orchestra.
The Electric Ears should use earplugs they are jamming so loud! The Daniel Dye and the Miller Road Band record is getting mixed in the box. Sister Kathy’s 20-song-80-minute opus got the kids vocal treatment and has moved on to mix. Paul Catania continues to record Pocket Tanya. Tom Hauck is laying down rekkid #3. Meg Griffin brought Willie Nile in for another Sirius/XM session. Anna Rae is mixing her new record on the board. Dan King just did some analog processing on his KBMG mixes. Lisa Manning is laying down more song poems. Rob Garfield continues to mine his profession for music. The Lindsey Buckingham Appreciation Society and Marina Evans used Studio B for fine tuning.
We Are Good Friends from Los Angeles have released their debut long player, nearly half of which was mixed at Bang-A-Song. I think it could it could be fairly described as psychotelecate.
Litehouse shined a beacon on three new songs. Jon Hardy finished the Mexican Ape Lord‘s vocals. Tom Hauck kept it rolling. Rob Garfield is cutting two more tracks for his core demographic. Sister Kathy continued to roll away the stone. Tim Castro sighted the Atlantic Starr sound in Gloucester. Willie Nile taped another appearance on “Having Words with Meg Griffin” for Sirius/XM. Megan McKenzie waxed poetic on for her band’s first release. Busty Moceri is getting loose as a goose on Thursday nights Dr. Jesse is producing the next Coldplay in August. Jon Butcher is cutting a track that features no guitar!
Bang-A-Song will be hosting another Vocal Health Seminar by Jennifer Winston tonight starting at 7pm. All are welcome. 72 Rogers Street, Gloucester.
- “Axis 3” by the newly resurrected Jon Butcher Axis was released with a rocking show at Worcester’s Hanover Theatre. Read the story in the Worcester Telegram and Gazette. Copies are available in all Newbury Comics.
- Renee & Joe’s debut LP “Dreamsteering” is available in hardcopy at Mystery Train Records and Gloucester Music and as files at their BandCamp site.
- What Time Is It Mr. Fox?’s latest full-length, titled “Little Bit of Blue” is available now on iTunes.
- The “Swim in The Ocean” b/w “It All Just Falls Apart” cassette by The BF’s is available on cassette…and digitally here.
- “Here Now”, the newest full length release from Kim Jennings is available now in her online store.
- Scott Tarulli’s new album “Anytime, Anywhere” was reviewed in Bass Musician Magazine after its release in September 2012.
- Tom Hauck’s 2nd solo album “Afterlife” is available everywhere.
- Mark Pelosi recorded vocals by himself in the control room through a Bang A Song signal chain.
- Sister Kathy cut 20 basics and the overdubs have begun.
- Alise Ashby voiced her compositions through a Bang A Song signal chain.
- The Mercy Case’s next batch is getting mixed.
- The Electric Ears turned small amps up very loud.
- Jon Hardy is about to transition to records Mexican Ape Lord BASS.